A New Blogger's Squeal of Joy!

Hello All!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was filled with nursing clinicals and studying for an exam on respiratory disorders. But I was able to get some reading in. I'm about half way through in Scarlet and I am enjoying it thus far. I am just gotten to the point where things are starting to get interesting, but unfortunately I must be school first and review for my exam! More to come on my thoughts on Scarlet once I finish it, hopefully by the end of the week.

What I wanted to share with you all is my journey to start getting ARCs for review. I know this is something that all new bloggers go through. I wanted to start of small and took some advice that I read on other bloggers pages, about their journeys to get books from publishers. I joined NetGalley and Edelweiss and requested to get some ebook ARCs. I kept checking my accounts every day to see if there were any responses. And this morning I woke up to two "Thank you for your request but we have already reached our quota." from Edelweiss. Yes, I was bummed but it had been something that I had been expecting so I wasn't too disappointed. But then I logged into NetGalley and was pleasantly surprised to have gotten approval to read and review a book which will be released in June called "Beautiful Goodbye," Nancy Runstelder. The premise looks interesting and I feel very honored to have been given this opportunity after having only created a blog less than a week ago! I will be starting this read as soon as I am done with Scarlet!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Please Follow