Bloodlines Review

Title: Bloodlines
Series: Bloodlines #1
Author: Richelle Mead
Pages: 421
Acquired: Borrowed
Published: 08/23/11
Goodreads Rating: 4.28
My Rating: 4.0
Original Rating: 3.0


Goodreads Synopsis: 
Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning

My Thoughts
This was my 2nd read-through to get ready for Golden Lily and Indigo Spell.  I had previously read this, right when it first came out and had only rated it 3 stars on good reads. But I enjoyed it much more the 2nd time around. 

What I Liked:  The action packed last 150 pages. Adrian's humor. Eddie's devotion and mostly Sydney's struggle in fighting against what she was taught to believe and what she is starting to realize for herself. 

Quote that summed up this book for me: 

"As I drove away, I decided the Alchemists needed an entire department devoted to handling Adrian Ivashkov."  Page 145

What I didn't Like: I understand that with a new series, some what of an introduction and character development phase must occur. But 300+ pages of introduction is just a little too excessive. I would have liked to seen more of a development regarding the attack and Jill's death and Adrian brining her back to life. And lastly, even though I know ti's coming in the other books, but I need me some Adrian lovin' ASAP! 

On to Golden Lily :) 







0 comments :

Post a Comment

Please Follow