Patri is a big fan of her books and she was kind enough to
In this breathtaking debut that reads like Gossip Girl crossed with Twin Peaks, a Queen Bee at a blue-blooded New England prep school stumbles into a murder mystery.
Anne Dowling practically runs her exclusive academy on New York’s Upper East Side—that is, until she accidentally burns part of it down and gets sent to a prestigious boarding school outside of Boston. Determined to make it back to New York, Anne couldn't care less about making friends at the preppy Wheatley School. That is, until her roommate Isabella’s body is found in the woods behind the school.
When everyone else is oddly silent, Anne becomes determined to uncover the truth no matter how many rules she has to break to do it. With the help of Isabella’s twin brother Anthony, and a cute classmate named Brent, Anne discovers that Isabella wasn’t quite the innocent nerdy girl she pretended to be. But someone will do anything to stop Anne’s snooping in this fast-paced, unputdownable read—even if it means framing her for Isabella’s murder.
Anne Dowling becomes entangled in a web of secrets involving a missing student and a conspiracy at Wheatley Prep in this fast-paced, juicy follow-up to Prep School Confidential.
Anne Dowling—a fresh, original, and funny new YA heroine whose knowing, irreverent voice will remind readers of Pretty Little Liars and Private—is back for her second semester at Wheatley Prep. Although things have settled (somewhat) since her roommate Isabella’s death, Anne's still kind of obsessed with the disappearance of Wheatley student Matthew Weaver thirty years ago, since she found a picture of him and his crewmates with the words “they killed him” scrawled on the back among Isabella’s things.
When Anne learns that her boyfriend Brent’s dad is one of the now-powerful Wheatley alumni who rowed crew with Matthew, and that the crew team continues to induct new members with a creepy-sounding ritual called “The Drop,” she knows further investigation could put her relationship with Brent in danger. Determined to discover the truth, she reaches out to Anthony, Isabella’s townie brother, who helps her delve deeper into the secrets in Wheatley’s past. Secrets someone would kill to keep hidden. As the school’s Spring Formal—and its notorious afterparty—approaches, Anne sees the perfect opportunity to do some off-campus digging into the lives of Wheatley’s VIPs in this thrilling, unputdownable read—but if she’s not careful, she’ll be the next student who never comes back.
- Favorite Song? Anne: Uptown Girl by Billy Joel/Brent: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen/Anthony: Still Alive by Pearl Jam.
- Favorite Book? Anne: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett/Brent: The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein/Anthony doesn’t read much—unless it’s a car magazine.
- Favorite TV Show? Anne: House Hunters International/Brent: Game of Thrones/Anthony: Breaking Bad.
- Favorite Hobby? Anne: Exploring the city/Brent: Reading/Anthony: Fixing old motorcycles.
- Favorite Sport? Anne: Dance/Brent: Rowing/Anthony: Soccer.
- Favorite thing to do? Anne: Spend time with friends/Brent: Play pranks on Murali/Anthony: Go on a long bike ride.
- Favorite Movie? Almost Famous
- Favorite Song? American Girl by Tom Petty
- Favorite Book? The Hunger Games
- Favorite TV Show? The Walking Dead
- Favorite Hobby? Reading
- Favorite Sport? Ugh, I hate sports! Can I say biking?
- Favorite thing to do? Have a glass of wine and watch my favorite show.