Clockwork Angel Review

Title: Clockwork Angel
Series: The Infernal Devices #1
Author: Cassandra Clare
Pages: 476
Published: 09/06/10
Acquired: Autograph signing last summer in San Diego Mystic Galaxy
Goodreads Rating: 4.27
My Rating: 4.5

Goodreads Synopsis:
Magic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What’s more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length . . . everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world. . . . and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

My Thoughts: FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! These were just one of those books that I had been meaning to read for so long now and it just kept being pushed back. But now that the series is over I had no excuse to start reading this ASAP! I am a huge fun of the Immortal Instruments (especially the first 3 books) and had the privilege of meeting Cassie Claire last summer in a San Diego book signing. She herself personally could not stop raving about how much she loved writing the Infernal Devices and was really encouraging everyone to read them. I was able to pick up the first book and get it autographed :)

What I Liked: The main thing I noticed from the beginning was how much I had missed Cassie Clare's writing and the specific font that her publishers use for her books. She writes so eloquently with so much detail and description that is such a joy to read. I loved meeting the new characters and seeing glimpses of the old ones. I love how there is so much mystery behind each character and that Ms. Clare keeps you guessing with each page. Yes, towards the end some of the details of Tessa's past was revealed but there is so much more left to unravel. Then there is Will. Will oh will. There were times you couldn't help falling for him, and there are times you just want to slug him because he is being such a douce! I think his past is the one I am most anxious to find out about. And I hope he does end up redeeming himself in the next book! Then there's sweet Jem! He is pure goodness itself, but I am hoping to see him rebel a little and become more of those bad boys we all can't help to love!

What I Didn't Like: There was none of that raw passion that we all now Cassie Clare loves to write! (Common now; Jace, Clary and that back alley scene! HELLO!!!) I know that she will not disappoint and I am dying to start book 2! But Alas I have to get a good student and study for my quiz today first!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Please Follow